We are on a mission to deliver a powerful yet simple solution to bring both physical and digital protection and comfort to our customers. Smart Home product empowers users to stay connected to their loved ones, make their life easier and enables them to safeguard what matters to them.
Category Manager, Smart Home will bring this vision to life by expanding our product portfolio, in this category as well as manage the team who will offer a unique A successful candidate is…
Technical & good with details. Translate product vision to UX and a UX experience into user stories. You work cross-functionally with your design and engineering partners, providing clear direction on the “what” and “why” but giving them a strong voice to define the “how”. You don’t have to be an experience software developer but you understand how software is built and understand the architecture.
Execution-oriented. You know the art of the MVP: to launch that dream experience you break the work down into phases, drive product development, ship experiences, study how customers use them, and iterate. You know how to improve output given limited resources, find the path forward as the landscape changes, and clearly communicate and bring all impacted partners along with you.
Data Driven. You love numbers and charts and understand the story they are telling you. You understand how to ask your data questions and are able to dive deeper into the details to uncover what is really happening. You understand how to instrument your product to get missing data points and understand the subtleties of data collection. You are able to define KPIs upfront and continually optimizing the products against those KPIs.
A relationship builder. You know that relationships drive your ability to succeed. You understand the value of listening first, then talking; of giving consistently and receiving occasionally. You’ve seen how strong cross-team collaboration and partnership yields the best outcomes.
- Define product requirements for new products, features, and use cases; define acceptance criteria for each
- Own development across the entire product lifecycle phases – product definition, development, delivery, deployment, and optimization.
- Coordinate closely with engineering and program leads to ensure alignment between technical, business, and field teams on product features and releases.
- Keep up to date on the technology and market trends; identifies and evaluates new product ideas or strategic product extensions
- Contribute to the product vision across the team and the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and partners to define and lead product roadmaps and to deliver on them.
- Work closely with hardware and software teams to deliver your products on time with quality
- Work with engineering to prioritize and groom the backlog and assist in sprint planning
- Keep track of product performance through data collection and analysis; build and maintain dashboards to maintain product use and performance.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Installation & Technical Services; Industrial Engineering & Automation; Consumer Electronics
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 6
- Residence Location
- Algeria; Bahrain; Comoros; Djibouti; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Mauritania; Morocco; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; United Arab Emirates; Yemen
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma