About the role
Amazon strives to present customers with the widest selection of convenient and quality services at the best prices. We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on and driven individual to manage the growth of multiple categories within the services domain.
As a Category Manager (CM), the candidate will have the end-to-end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of the respective categories. The Category manager’s role is to understand the market trends and customer needs to provide a relevant selection of services at the best prices. The CM will work actively with partners (service providers and brands) to identify opportunities and execute them. The CM will be required to collaborate with other stakeholders such as account management & operations, marketing, legal, customer service, marketplace, and the global Amazon community to drive innovation and share best practices.
The Category Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
· Provide quality solutions as services that solve relevant customer problems and enhance Amazon’s value proposition as a services platform
· Define and own the end-to-end customer experience.
· Define the overall vision for the category(s) and define the growth roadmap; identify the right growth levers to drive growth
· Identify, negotiate and onboard service providers that add value to the Amazon’s services platform
· Manage seller relationships to identify and address gaps in their offerings, influence their participation in Amazon programs, and increase adoption of Amazon tools/platforms
· Drive cross-functional actions and deliver results by partnering closely with teams such as product, marketing, ops, customer service, legal, seller teams as well as brand partners to deliver on goals
· Identify defects and continually improve processes to drive scalability in a fast growing business
· 4+ years of work experience in Business Development/Category Management/Buying/Sales
· Prior experience in the retail/services industry
· Proven project management and negotiation skills
· Past experience in leading cross-functional projects and ability to prioritize between different efforts
· Strong numerical and analytical stills with excel proficiency
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
· Professional experience in e-commerce
· Prior program management experience is a plus
· MBA or Masters degree in the business domain
· SQL knowledge
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.