Consulting – MERC, Business Unit Operations Associate (Amman)
Job Description & Summary
A career within Operations, will provide the opportunity to support our engagement teams and clients operationally by providing advice on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. In joining, you’ll help ensure a complete and relevant exchange of information among our consultants and in turn with engagement teams and clients, provide experts advice on a variety of specific topics, support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and supporting clients and their subsidiaries in evaluating the potential impact of accounting and reporting standard setting initiatives. You’ll develop strong relationships with our engagement teams and enhance our ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment.
As a part of our team, you’ll help assist engagement teams in the areas of resource management, learning and development, human capital, reporting, technology and innovation, and quality and compliance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
With oversight from the Compliance manager, you will manage your own caseload to ensure engagement teams remain compliant with internal and external regulations when dealing with clients.
– Carry out pre-engagement and post engagement compliance tasks associated with client and project onboarding
– Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines to ensure their client and the engagement have cleared the necessary risk assessment and obtain files and reports on time to demonstrate regulatory compliance.
– Analyze all compliance procedures and monitor all risks for the engagement and opportunities and assess potential defects and assist in resolution for the same.
– Maintain and document all records required across the engagement lifecycle and assist the central review and R&Q team as necessary.
– Communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, with a range of key stakeholders across the firm
– Facilitate the yearly compliance reviews in collaboration with the Central Review Team and engagement leads
– Report predominantly to the Compliance Manager and the R&Q lead who will provide guidance regarding compliance with relevant territory policies and procedures
Actively share knowledge within own team and across BUs, and promote best practises in respect of the firm’s business systems and processes. Provide training, coaching and support to other team members as needed
Work closely with teams across the business to ensure best practice.
Provide a service directly to the BU, particularly in relation to adhering to internal and external compliance tasks and reporting any exceptions as necessary
Work closely with peers and team members at all levels, sharing knowledge and providing support where needed.
– Understand the importance of, and processes behind, all compliance related tasks and execute accordingly,with high levels of attention to detail.
– Enter own time and expenses in accordance with firm’s policy
Essential skills and attributes
– Has the competence to perform the role effectively
– Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic presentation skills
– Affinity to work with quantitative data, good analytics
– Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment. Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
– Service-orientated attitude, proactive thinker, networker, information seeker, team player
– Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills
– Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software eg Microsoft Office and Google Suite
– Willingness and interest to frequently interact with and reach out to Partners, Directors and the team
– Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
– 1-2 years relevant experience
– Background in risk / compliance fields preferred
– Experience in consulting preferred
– Understanding of the Firm’s marketing and business development and the Firm’s Service Offerings
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.