Reporting to the EHS Functional Support Manager, the primary goal of the Emergency Response Specialist is to ensure all aspects of emergency response are developed, implemented, and maintained appropriately. The Emergency Response Specialist scope includes the entire Client site and integrated with an external emergency response team (Saudi Aramco). They selected candidate will work closely with Security, Health and Safety, and the Refinery Emergency Response Team. Additionally, this individual is also expected to contribute and be a member of the Emergency Response Team.
The incumbent will be responsible for promoting a culture of safe working habits, improving safety performance, establishing procedures, safety directives and implementing response strategies for the facility in alignment with Client values along with corporate goals and objectives. In addition, the incumbent will assist with planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining a wide variety of activities encompassing all aspects of emergency resposne, to assure the highest possible degree of safety for our employees, contractors and the community in which we operate.
The role interfaces and engages with key internal and external stakeholders and customers – engineering, operations, maintenance, contractors, and functional leadership teams. Success in this position is dependent on strong interpersonal and influencing skills, sound judgement, operational and technical credibility, proactive leadership, implementing change, with a good understanding of the operations and safety regulations and standards including worker safety, industrial hygiene, hazard communication and emergency response.
This opportunity is for a key member of the Client EHSSQ Team as well as supporting overall operations, maintenance, construction, commissioning and start-up team. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Development of an overall site and unit specific Emergency Response plan(s)
- Coordinate emergency response plans, drills, and training with all stakeholders
- Track corrective action plans resulting from drills and exercises
- Review emergency response plans and site needs on a periodic basis
- Establish and develop an emergency response team as needed
- Ensure all aspects of emergency response meet regulator requirements or accepted industry best practices.
- Develop an emergency response compliance tracking system.
- Ensure all emergency response training needed is implemented and maintained
- Arrange and/or participate in site drills, what-if scenarios, emergency response readiness inspections and drills
- Liaise with parents Saudi Aramco, Air Products and ACWA to ensure solid integration of refinery and city-wide emergency response plans
- Monitor Contractor emergency response programs
- Coach Foreman, Supervisors, Superintendents and Managers of any shortfalls and provide support to close gaps.
- Facilitate a monthly emergency response team meeting in conjunction the overall Emergency Response Team
- Record and maintain accurate records of all drills, scenarios and exercises carried out in relation to emergency response.
- Act as liaison to support the medical and security needs.
- Facilitate on site incident investigations as needed.
- Actively promote emergency response via trainings, informative events , etc.
- Work closely with Security to develop Crisis Management plans
- Degree in safety or emergency response/management is preferred but not required
· +15 years experience in an industrial setting with at least 5 years in a petrochemical/oil & gas managing an emergency response team
- A certification(s) in firefighting, confined space rescue, hazardous materials response, etc.
- Has qualifications in incident command structure (ICS). 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800 (ICS)
- Certified Fire Instructor
- Experience in Confined Space Rescue
- Experience in hazardous materials response
- Experience supporting industrial emergency response
- Hazmat Technician Level Certification
- Understand emergency response equipment and capabilities
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, and customer relation skills
- Ability to excel in both independent and team environments
- Strong understanding of NFPA 1081 and NFPA 101
- Can work both in an independent and team environment
- Strong and effective leader and coordinator
- Organised, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
- Strong software skills in Excel, Work, and PowerPoint
- Job Location
- Jizan, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Oil & Gas; Chemicals Manufacture; Petrochemicals & Refined Petroleum Products Manufacture
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 15