Job Description Summary
Post Sales support of customer issue. This can include repairs (both returns and field), technical support or a field service or other service request Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
The Field Services Methods Developer – Alstom Controls will partner with Gas Power stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop, create, revise, and maintain field procedures (FP) and other methods for Alstom Controls product lines.
The primary focus will be to provide consistent, high quality, FPs and methods to enable Field Service outage excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Own the resolution of post-sales technical customer issues. Level 1,2,3 Technical Support – Resolves post sales Technical Issues.
• As the technical depth required to resolve an issue increases, the “level” of skill set increases.
• For some products 1 individual may handle levels 1,2 and 3 while for other products these may be separate individuals with increasing skill sets.
• Includes direct people management responsibility including staffing and performance development.
• Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
• Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
• Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles.
• Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements.
• Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field.
• Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
• Develop standard library of Alstom Controls and commissioning FPs and methods.
• Collaborate with FieldCore, GE Engineering and Training teams to develop and improve methods.
• Follow the Methods revision control process, implementing approved recommendations from Field Execution teams
• Implement Corrective Actions from RCA’s and FieldCore feedback that require FP changes
• Technical degree or applicable technical experience
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in Alstom Controls Field Services or Engineering).
• Sufficient systems, instrumentation or mechanical experience to be able to improve procedures such as valve calibration, actuator setup and sensor checkout.
• Strong English language communication capability, both verbal and written
• Ability to break down maintenance activities into concise, step by step written procedures tailored to average field service trained personnel.
• Skills in MS Office tools
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Established project management skills.
• Experience writing technical procedures or documents
• Experience with Advant and one or more of the following (Alspa , Blueline, Procontrol) preferred
• Strong field services mindset
• Strong project management / process management skills
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.