Job Description Summary
Post Sales support of customer issue. This can include repairs (both returns and field), technical support or a field service or other service request Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
• Own the resolution of post-sales technical customer issues. Level 1,2,3 Technical Support – Resolves post sales Technical Issues.
• As the technical depth required to resolve an issue increases, the level” of skill set increases.
• For some products 1 individual may handle levels 1,2 and 3 while for other products these may be separate individuals with increasing skill sets.
• Includes direct people management responsibility including staffing and performance development.
• Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
• Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
• Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles.
• Uses technical experience and analytical thinking.
• Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
• May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements.
• Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field.
• Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
• Develop standard library of GE Controls and commissioning FPs and methods.
• Collaborate with FieldCore, GE Engineering and Training teams to develop and improve methods.
• Follow the Methods revision control process, implementing approved recommendations from Field Execution teams
• Implement Corrective Actions from RCA’s and FieldCore feedback that require FP changes
• Technical degree or applicable technical experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in GE Controls (Field Services or Engineering).
• Experience with HMIs, networking, Mark Vie, Mark Vie migration panels and Mark VI preferred
• Sufficient systems, instrumentation or mechanical experience to be able to improve procedures such as valve calibration, actuator setup and sensor checkout.
• Strong English language communication capability, both verbal and written
• Ability to break down maintenance activities into concise, step by step written procedures tailored to average field service trained personnel.
• Skills in MS Office tools
• Desired Characteristics
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Established project management skills.
• Experience writing technical procedures or documents
• Strong field services mindset
• Strong project management / process management skill
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Inclusion & Diversity
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.
About GE Gas Power
GE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our leading technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and providing the cleaner, more efficient power people depend on today.
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.