JEST 2021 Application Form can be filled till 14th February 2021. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is a national level entrance examination. This examination is conducted one time every year by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB). After qualifying this exam candidates will be able to get admission in Ph.D. and integrated Ph.D. courses in physics, theoretical computer science, computational biology fields or neuron science fields. Candidates can read this complete article to know all details about JEST application form 2021 including details i.e. application form, fee, eligibility and much more.
JEST 2021 Application Form – Till 14th Feb
JEST 2021 Application Form can be filled till 14th February 2021. Click here to apply.
Candidates must check details about JEST 2021 application form in the given steps:
- Candidates will be able to fill their application form through online mode. Any offline facility will not be provided.
- Application form for JEST 2021 has been released from 11th January 2021.
- Fill only one correct application form, multiple filled forms will be rejected.
- Candidates must fill details carefully in the application form i.e. educational, personal and other communications details.
- Upload scanned documents i.e. recent passport size photograph and signature in the jpg size.
- Fill details carefully in the application form, after submission of the application any correction will not be accepted.
- Candidates can fill their application form till 14th February 2021.
- Take printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future references.
Documents Required at the Time of Filling JEST 2021 Application Form:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Valid email ID and working mobile number
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned signature
- Category certificate
- Degree marksheet
- Application fee can paid through online mode. Fee from any other mode will not be accepted.
- Candidates can make payment via credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- Fee is non-refundable.
Candidates can check fee for all categories in the given table:
|For General category candidates||Rs. 400|
|For SC/ ST/ Female candidates||Rs. 200|
JEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Here candidates must check JEST 2021 eligibility criteria before applying for the test:
- Age Limit: There is no age limit criteria in JEST. However, institutes have their own age limit criteria.
Course Wise Qualification:
For Ph.D. in Physics:
- Candidates must have M.Sc. degree in Physics or equivalent from any recognized institute. Some institutes accept B.Tech. / B.E./ M.E./ M.Sc./ M.Tech. in Mathematics and Physics.
For Ph.D. in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc:
- Candidates should have completed M.Sc./ M.E./ M.Tech in computer science or equivalent.
For Ph.D. in Neuroscience at NBRC:
- Candidates must have B.Tech/ MCA/ B.E. degree degree or M.Sc. in physics or mathematics from any recognized institute.
For Ph.D. in Computational Biology at IMSc:
- Candidates must have completed M.Sc./ M.Tech/ MCA/ M.E. in any discipline with good mathematical skills and interest in biology problems.
For Integrated M.Tech- Ph.D. Program at IIA:
- Candidates should have M.Sc. (physics/applied physics)/ post B.Sc. (Hons.) in optics and optoelectronics/ radio physics and electronics.
For Integrated Ph.D. program in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc:
- Candidates must have M.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech./MCA in computer science or other equivalent and must be interest in mathematics aspects of computer science.
JEST 2021 Application Dates
Candidates can check official JEST application form dates in the given table:
|Starting of application form||11th January 2021|
|Last date to submit applications||14th February 2021|
|Availability of admit card||March/ April 2021|
|JEST 2021 exam date||11th April 2021|
How to Apply for JEST 2021
Candidates can check complete procedure about how to fill JEST 2021 application form:
- Go through the official website (link is mentioned above).
- Provide your working email ID and mobile number for registration.
- Click on the ‘create new account’ button.
- A message regarding login credentials will be sent to your registered mail ID.
- Now click ‘login’ and enter application number and password.
- Now fill required details including educational, communication and personal carefully in the application form.
- Click on ‘submit application’ button.
- After submitting all details upload scanned documents i.e. passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates must upload documents in jpg file format.
- Photograph size must be 100 X 125 pixels or maximum of 240 X 300 pixels.
- Signature size should be 150 X 30 pixels (width x height).
- After uploading all documents go through payment button.
- Application fee will be paid through online mode via debit card/ credit card or net banking.
- Recheck and verify all details before submitting the application form.
- Take multiple printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for future references.
In the above article, candidates will be able to know all details about JEST 2021 application form. Candidates are advised to fill application form carefully to avoid any type of mistakes. Candidates can also check application form mode, application fee and mode of payment, eligibility criteria etc. through this article.
If you have any other query about JEST 2021 application form, then you can ask us by leaving your queries below.