• Lead and coordinate effectively within respective division throughout project lifecycles, to ensure cost effective, quality, and timely outcomes.
• Interact with clients to confirm requirements and ensure that all design facets of the projects are correctly scoped.
• Lead preparation of design programs based on detailed work breakdown structures for projects.
• Lead and Review design developments, drawings, specifications, reports and other client deliverables, to ensure adherence with Company’s design policies, processes, and practices.
• Review technical specifications for various components for tender and contract documents.
• Advise Senior Engineers, Project Managers, and Project Directors on local regulations, materials, and their applications.
• Ensure that the integrity of design intent remains throughout the project lifecycle.
• Review project cost and time based progress reports, and recommend mitigation measures to ensure adherence to Company’s project goals and objectives.
• Lead the preparation and presentation of project reports and presentations for internal and external clients.
• Resolve queries raised on projects under construction, and liaise with material and equipment suppliers for technical and installation information as and when required.
• Monitor and ensure that senior structural engineers are coordinating effectively with the various architects and engineers throughout the project (planning, concept, preliminary, final etc.)
• Lead, supervise and approve the development of structural designs from concept to completion; ensure the following:
– Designs effectively respond to client/owner requirements (e.g. designs based on owner/clients budget etc.)
– Drawings comply with local statutory requirements for structural components and systems
– Drawings are fully functional, making adequate provisions for the designs developed by the other disciplines (e.g. architecture, HVAC etc.)
• Exercise quality control of drawings produced by the section, ensuring that they adhere to quality and CAD standards (e.g. high standards of visual presentation, error free, properly dimensioned, x-referenced etc.)
• Remain abreast on changes in local statutory requirements regarding structural systems and components
• Ensure that structural components and materials specified for structural designs are relevant and comply with statutory requirements; ensure that the specifications document is updated to reflect any changing statutory requirements
• Ensure that ministerial approvals for structural designs are gained in a timely manner by Structural engineers
• Attend site meetings (e.g. progress meetings, coordination and specially called meetings etc.) as and when required
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, masters in Structural Engineering or MBA
• Professional accreditation in Design or PMP
• 13 to 15 years of experience and 4+ years in a similar role
• Certification/Membership of Society of Engineers
• Full proficiency in using Revit and/or BIM modeling software a plus
A leading construction company in Lebanon.