This position will be on the payrolls of Action Hospitality. Action Hospitality is a group company of Air Arabia Group having interests in facility management & uniform distribution.
Monitors the garment drape, proportions and cutting as alterations are performed. Provides manufacturing expertise and textile limitation of garments for product development purposes, e.g., concept, fitting, quality test, wear test, construction examples. Sew sample garments for sales and marketing purposes.
Key Result Responsibilities
– Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducts visual and measurements tests; rejects and returns unacceptable materials
– Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducts visual and measurement tests; communicates required adjustments to production supervisor/manager.
– Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; calls for repairs.
– Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
– Maintains accurate and current account information on the customer.
– Match the product description on the order to the supplied material.
– Check the design # on the order making sure it matches the design # on the sequence sheet provided.
– Proofs and initials production sheets confirming accuracy.
– Performs other duties that support the tailoring unit, embroidery/heat press operations.
– Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information
– Monitors and inventories costume shop supplies.
– Labels and bar-codes costumes for long term storage.
– Makes patterns for facings and linings based on directions supplied.
– Maintains safe, healthy, clean and hazard free work environment by continuously monitoring fabric store, cutting room, and stitching floor, finishing, and packing sections.
– Immediately report all broken or malfunctioning equipment or safety hazards to the appropriate person for corrective action.
– Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complies with legal regulations.
– Support an environment of continuous improvement by making suggestions and implementing where possible.
Note – The role defined here is not exhaustive and duties and responsibilities in line with the job function may be added from time to time.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
– High School plus vocational or other technical school, certification, training, or apprenticeship is required.
– Good English verbal communication skills and adequate written communication skills
– Thorough understanding of garment manufacturing and current/upcoming trends.
– Knowledge of textiles and fabrics
– Expert knowledge of fabric limitations and standard tailoring concepts, procedures, and practices
– Proven skills in sewing, tailoring and textile repair
– Strong understanding of both men’s women’s alterations, fittings, & garment composition.
– Must be knowledgeable in adding new materials to all types of garments.
– Knows how to use all types of marking tools (rulers, hem markers & chalk)
– Math skills for measuring, and adjusting patterns needed.
– Must be able to pass mechanical aptitude and color hue test
– Ability to discern color variations in thread, eye for detail and a quality of focus
– Prior Experience in sewing/textile industry utilizing related machines in an industrial environment is mandatory
– Minimum 5-years’ experience as a tailor or similar apparel technical background; garment construction and finishing
– Ability to meet all required deadlines; ability to change priorities quickly as needed; ability to independently handle stress and maintain a mature problem-solving demeanor.
– Ability to supervisor, interact and effectively communicate with the team, customers and co-workers.
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa’s first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia’s fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.