Primary purpose of the position: The MEAL and Programme Reporting officer will be in charge of the planning, design, implementation and coordination of MEAL tools, processes and activities at the programme and projects level. He/she will do this through regular in-depth analysis, extracting and reading findings of the data, assessments and achievements, and reflect the findings in continuous learning and improvement.
The position holder will provide constant support to the program and projects ensuring compliance with FCA’s global requirements, and high accountability standards on local level.
The MEAL officer will work in close collaboration with all project staff and key project stakeholders, in addition to formulating best means of partners’ and beneficiaries’ engagement in a remote manner from Amman office as well as on the field across the country.
The main purpose of this position is to
Responsibilities of the MEAL and Programe Reporting officer are:
- Support and strengthen planning, monitoring, inspection, evaluation, and reporting (PMER) procedures.
- Work with program teams to develop and follow MEAL plans and required tools, support in the identification of different projects indicators and linking them with global indicators.
- Support program and project staff to coordinate the collection of data and organization of MEAL activities, including training and orientating staff as required.
- Conduct local field visits to projects locations to verify proper use of monitoring tools.
- Facilitate regular in-depth learning exercises with the program and projects staff in the country office and with the HO as requested/ needed.
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s operational processes to ensure seamless exchange of information across systems.
- Actively seek innovative MEAL good practices for local operations including support units practices and monitoring;
- Oversee the data entry and analysis of data, and ensure that data is verified for accuracy and inconsistencies are addressed.
- Develop and follow up on customized MEAL measures respective to the context where projects are implemented.
- Assist Country Program in the preparation of coutry- and project specific plans and reports on the input, update information , outcomes and findings and lessons learned ;
- Contribute to project reporting by consolidating data regarding progress toward project indicators.
- Design baseline and end-line surveys, including developing TORs, identifying consultants, training data collection teams, coordinating data entry and analysis, and writing reports.
- Conduct situation analyses and facilitate needs assessments in new programming areas.
- Assist in new programming formulation processes; e.x.: developing logical frameworks in accordance to FCA’s global PME guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to staff and partners in the implementation of MEAL activities.
- Keep CP management up to date on the general trends and statistics of complaints received, handled and resolved, while maintaining the confidentiality of the complainants and confidential details of the complaints.
- Make appropriate recommendations to CP management on periodically reviewing and improving the CRM.
- Handle and address complaints received through FCA Jordan CRM according to the FCA Jordan Complaints Handling Procedure
- Generate recommendations for FCA Jordan management on issues to address based on the analysis of information drawn from complaints
- Close monitoring of partners’ performance and compliance to FCA’s projects and guidelines.
Required Education, Competencies and Experience:
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful feedback and advice;
- Conceptualizes and analyzes problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate;
- Has the ability to identify beneficiaries’ needs, and to match them with appropriate solutions;
- Has the ability to work indirectly with partners and beneficiaries and advise regarding outcomes achievement practices.
- Has the ability to comprehend, analyze and abstract information and recommnedations from data and information sheets which will feed in the project-, country and regional reports.
- Has excellent communication skills; business writing (logframes), MEAL budgets, data reports summary, presentation skills both orally and electronically, etc.;
- Has excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Has the ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Has strong IT skills; MS Office, KOBO data collection tool.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Has knowledge in leading, designing, and implementing impact assessment methodologies e.g. FGD, pre and post questionnaires/surveys, coordinated needs assessments, etc
- University degree in international development, statistics, business administration, social sciences, culture, education or related field.
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience specifically in the area of evaluation of international development initiatives and development organizations with at least 2 years of experience on project management cycle with PMER responsibiltiies
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Understanding of the development contexts and working experience for refugees in Jordanian context.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
international development, statistics, business administration, social sciences, culture, …