PGIMER 2022: It is a well-known research institute situated in Chandigarh, Punjab. This reputed medical institute comprises the latest facilities so that maximum care can be given to patients. It is an acronym for Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Examination. And this exam will be commenced by PGIMER (Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research) to enroll the aspirants in several MD/MS, DM/MCH and MDS courses. This national-level examination is executed two times a year – January and July. Those who want to apply for PGIMER admission need to use the application form. Here are complete details of PGIMER 2022 eligibility criteria, syllabus, application form, and so on.
PGIMER 2023 Application Form:
The PIGMER is an online test. Applicants can check all the details related to the application form given below:
- The PIGMER application form is the available online mode through the official website.
- Fill all the fields in the form carefully. Fill in the relevant contact number and email ID so that communication can be done uninterrupted.
- Upload the scanned copy of the latest passport size photograph and signature in the required size and format.
- Once you fill the application form, take the printout of the application form for further needs.
Given below is the application fee information for different categories such as MD/MS/MDS and DM/M.Ch courses:
- General/OCI/OBC/RA/FN/Sponsored category: Rs.1500 Fee for MD/MS/MD (Hospital Administration)/ House Job (Oral Health Sciences) and DM/M.Ch
- SC/ST category: Rs.1200 for MD/MS/MD (Hospital Administration)/ House Job (Oral Health Sciences) and 1500 for DM/M.Ch
- The PWD category will not pay any amount for the application fee.
Application Fee Submission: You can submit the application fee via various online modes such as by debit/credit card/net banking. The amount is non-refundable.
PGIMER 2023 Exam Date:
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Application form released||March 2023|
|Last date to register for DM/MCh courses||April 2023|
|Application Form Correction||April 2023|
|PGIMER 2023 Exam Date||May 2023|
|Exam Date MD / MS||June 2023|
|Admit card||June 2023|
|Exam Date DM / M Ch., MPH, PGDPHM||June 2023|
|Declaration of Result||June 2023|
Admission Open 2021
|VIT-AP UG Application Form-2021 – Apply Now|
|NIIT University 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|LPU NEST 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
Before you apply for PGIMER 2022, it is crucial to go through the eligibility criteria:
For MD/MS Courses:
- The applicant should be registered under State/Central registration council.
- The minimum qualification should be MBBS from some MCI recognized university.
- In addition to this, the applicant must have successfully cleared their rotatory internship training for a year before.
For DM/MCH courses:
- Here also, the applicant must have registered themselves under the Central/State registration council.
- Those who have completed their MD/MS or some equivalent course from an MCI recognized university can think to apply.
- The age of the applicant is mentioned below:
- General category-37 years
- SC/ST: 42 years
- OBC: 40 years
- However, no age limit for deputed/sponsored aspirants.
For PGIMER MD (Hospital Administration)
- To apply for PGIMER MD, the applicant must be an MBBS degree holder.
- The applicant should have work experience of 3 years in the relevant hospital in the relevant field OR 5 years experience in general practice.
- Also, the applicant needs to be registered with the Central or State medical registration council.
Avail of the hall ticket or admit card after filling and submitting the application form. Check the related details below:
- Download the admit card through the official website of PGIMER Chandigarh.
- The admit card will be released at least 15 days before the exam day.
- To fetch the admit card, log in to the account using login id and password
- Admit card is a mandatory document to be carried along to the Exam center.
- Take the print of the admit card and keep it safe for future reference.
The examination pattern provides you all the important details about the question paper. It includes types of questions, sections that appear in the test, marks distribution, and so on. Following is the examination pattern:
- The examination will be commenced in the online mode.
- The applicant has to complete the paper in 3 hours
- The paper will have Multiple Choice Questions.
- Marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The paper contains 250 questions overall.
- Check the list of the number of questions for different subjects:
- Applied Anatomy – 6
- Applied Biochemistry – 12
- Social and Preventive Medicine – 7
- Internal Medicine – 36
- Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology – 10
- Applied Physiology – 6
- Pathology – 15
- Forensic Medicine – 6
- Paediatrics – 12
- Dermatology – 6
- Pharmacology – 12
- Microbiology – 12
- Psychiatry – 6
- Radio Diagnosis – 6
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology – 20
- Radiotherapy – 6
- General Surgery – 36
- Otorhinolaryngology – 10
- Ophthalmology – 10
- Orthopedics – 10
Those who appear in the test must be aware of the syllabus. Following details about the syllabus are mentioned below:
The topics covered to prepare for the PGIMER test are as follows:
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Radio Diagnosis
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Applied Physiology
- Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology
- Applied Biochemistry
- Applied Anatomy
Here are the details of the PGIMER result:
- To check the exam result of PGIMER, go to the official website of PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Use the login credentials to check the result.
- There will be a release of the merit list of those who have cleared the test according to the category.
- Those who have names present in the merit list will appear for the counseling process.
The information about cut off is explained in detail below:
Those who have scored the minimum cut-off marks for clearing the entrance exam will be considered valid for admission to the course. The category wise cut off marks is given below:
- Bhutanese Nationals – 45
- General and Sponsored/Deputed – 55
- OBC, PwBD, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals – 50
Those who clear the entrance test will appear for the counseling process and the details about the same are as follows:
- The counseling process for MD/MS courses will take place in four rounds.
- The seat allotment will be based on the marks acquired in the theory exam, the number of seats available, and the course applied for.
- Make sure to appear for counseling without a miss.
- In case the seats are not allotted in the first round, then they need to appear in the second or third round. Submit the counseling fee, to participate in the counseling rounds.
- Carry all the important documents to appear for counseling.