The jobholder is responsible for the planning and scheduling of production orders to ensure the best utilization of machines by maximizing efficiency and achieving the committed delivery dates.
The job holder will be responsible of building and maintaining a level of stock to be used for emergency.
Update Planning schedule
- Daily update the planning schedule for Production Orders in the light of new orders received and changes to delivery priorities
- Maintain maximum machine efficiency by combining orders into production blocks
- Update in system all relevant information assigned to the scheduler.
- Ensure all necessary documents under scheduler responsibility is available for other areas in a timely manner.
- Plan production aiming to meet client requirements and commitments. In case of no feasibility to meet dates, work with different areas to find alternatives or to escalate
- Align with production on respect of overtime need and keep record of requested overtime details, including reason and hours.
- Align with production and Planners regarding future weekends and holidays in order to consider at an earlier stage the running days/stop days.
Maximize machine efficiency and utilization
- Ensure that machine efficiency is maximized by combining where practical two or more production orders
Coordinate the timely receipt of Drawings & with other Manufacturing Units
- Ensure that all shop Floor Drawings are received a day before production is due to be commenced.
- Report production schedule to production or other departments when requested.
- Communicate with other factories to follow up subcomponents deliveries and deadlines.
- Define countermeasures in case of deviations from other manufacturing units affecting orders in its own location.
- As part of Resource planning and Scheduling Department, communicate with planners to align strategies as well as short term requirements
Review of uncommitted stock
- Ensure that the uncommitted stock lists are checked to see if there is existing uncommitted stock that can be used in place of manufacturing new stock.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
SPAN OF Communication
Internal: Production, Projects, Stores
Job relevant information (BOUNDARIES & DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY)
The job holder has no financial liabilities or decision-making authority.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelor
- 1-2 years Production planning experience
- Knowledge of the processes of production
- Good communicator
- Good communicator
- Detail oriented
- English language fluency Management Skills
- Job Location
- Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 1 Max: 1
- Residence Location
- Master’s degree
Mechanical Engineering Bachelor