Job SummaryEnsures that work / projects are delivered based on good work practices and project specifications to guarantee completion of work within the given time limits with quality of work that meets or even exceeds the client’s expectations by implementing international quality standards plans and quality procedures in all the construction activities. Assists in developing the Project Quality Management System by establishing procesures, pleas and work instruction as needed.Job AccountabilitiesPrincipal Accountabilities
- Assists Project QA/QC Manager or Sr. QA/QC Engineer on implementing quality management system at site as per approved Project Quality Plan and IMS Procedures.
- Prepares work inspection requests (WIR) for each construction activity and submit to consultant to ensure it covers all the construction activities done on site.
- Checks all incoming materials as per project specifications and approved material submittals.
- Monitors WIRs and test reports and update the Quality Manager and site team on the status
Roles & Responsibilities1. Establishes and monitors control of QA/QC Plans, Method of Statements and Test Plans before commencement of the project and implementing it during the project in order to meet the project quality requirements and client’s expectations.
- Sees to it that control of document procedures is implemented and all approved documents from consultant are distributed through the document control system.
- Checks Inspection and Test Plan if available and all method statements and test plan are submitted for the consultant as per the approved ITP plan.
2. Prepares work inspection request (WIR) for each construction activity and submitted to consultant to ensure it covers all the construction activities done on site.
- Verifies if work inspections are carried out as per the plan and advice the construction team for the corrective action to avoid the rejection of work and emphasizes that work inspection shall passed during the first submission with 90% rate.
3. Ensures all incoming materials are checked as per the project specifications and approved material submittals
- Inspects all materials internally before offering inspection to the consultant, raising the NCR to the supplier in case the substandard material is delivered, the record of inspection shall be included in the month Quality report.
4. Monitors WIR and test reports and update Management, Construction Team, Planning, Quantity Surveyors and Cost Control Departments about the current job status.
- Maintains the records of all work and material inspection and provide the data in the weekly progress meetings.
- Records all test results and ensure it’s availability for steel along with the mill certificates.
- Makes sure that logs are available along with the test reports for all types of test as per the approved testing matrix.
- Checks concrete pour cards are maintained on daily basis and copy is provided to the storekeeper to raise the SRV and to the cost controller/QS.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of work related standards, specifications, and quality systems such as: ISO 9001, QCS, SMACNA, ASHRAE, NFPA, etc)
- With enough technical experience on dealing with various QC issues.
- Knowledge of local employment laws/regulations sufficient to analyze proposed policies
- In-depth knowledge on the Quality Management System (QMS) or Integrated Management System (IMS)
Job ExperienceTotal 8 year(s) On Job 6 year(s) GCC 2 year(s)CompetenciesStrives for Innovation C2Drives Performance M1Develops Future Leaders M1Encourages Resilience M1Demonstrates Accountability C2Displays Customer Centricity C2Creates Strategy M1Communicates and Collaborates C2Project Quality Documents And Pqp Preparation . L2Qa/ Qc Codes And Standards (Qcs 2014, Aws D1.1, Aisc, Asme, Asdm, Bsen) L1Technical Documents (Material Submittal, M/S, Itp-Inspecetion Test Plan, Icl-Inspection Checklist, Inspection Reports) Preparation And Review. L1Computer Skills (Micsrosoft Suite) L2EducationProfesional degree in MMUP Engineer Registration (UPDA)Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or any related field
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Construction & Building
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Quality Control
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies