This role is for UDC Subsidiary Hospitality Development Company
- The QAFS Specialist provides leadership, support, and guidance directly to the team to ensure; food quality standards, food safety guidelines, legal requirements (as they pertain to food safety) and customer expectations are met continuously and is responsible for administering, developing and implementing the food safety and quality assurance program.
- Ensuring that the entire HDC division is compliant with HACCP and ISO 22000.
- Ensure quality control of raw materials and finished products
- Prepare reports on each test preformed for measuring quality, quantity and composition
- Compute formulas, percentages or production specific factors
- Assist in setting quality standards and ensure that production is maintained at such standards
- Sample and identify, if any, bacterial or non-desirable excess material
- Prepare graphs, charts and reports from test results
- Maintain the long-term continuity of production and service quality
- Complete tests required for food product packaging
- Keep records of all tests that have been carried out
- Perform quality control analysis including tests and inspections of products and processes
- Maintain the corporate quality manual and quality records
- Ensure each restaurant manage the food safety administration as per standard.
- Review and report the principle causes of quality loss and nonconformance
- Ensure all check sheets are correctly completed and all noncompliance found have had the correct action taken and signed off
- Arrange, coordinate and participate in external quality audits
- Audit annually all suppliers
- Audit annually staff accomodations
- Audit monthly all restaurants and supervise the corrective actions
- Prepare consolidation management reports on food safety performance
- Conduct investigation and contact customers for any related food safety complaints
- Do regular lab test reports
- Train all staff on the best practices
- Be aware of the new change in food safety laws and drive amendments
- Be the custodian of all Food safety standards and archives
- Train all food handlers on the basic food hygiene training and best practices and standard
- Run some on the job training sessions and monitoring
- Run quality assurance survey with customers.
- Issue quality assurance reports to the management.
Problem Solving (If any)
- Responds to complaints in the required timeframe
- Prepares a monthly written report for management recapping food safety and quality issues, trends, corrective actions, and preventive measures taken.
- compliance with food safety and quality standards.
- Completes customer compliance documentation
- Communicates document and specification updates to all relevant departments
- Associate (Degree/Diploma), apprenticeship in Hospitality or restaurant management or related field OR High school graduate with additional 2 years experience on top of the minimum required experience for the position.
- Certificate in quality assurance is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience within hospitality or related industry
- Planning and organizing skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience preferred in Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing
- Computer and analytical skills
- Written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Experience in the Produce industry is a plus
- Internal Audit, PCQI, HACCP, and SFQ Practitioner certification preferred
- Excellent communication, training, and team building skill
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Hospitality & Accomodation; Catering, Food Service, & Restaurant; Food & Beverage Production
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Quality Control
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Certification / diploma