Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 – 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Adoption Services team is looking for a Network Deployment Lead (NDL), an important role collaborating with both buyer and supplier customers on efforts that enable interaction via the Ariba Network. The Network Deployment Lead manages multiple Customer projects simultaneously, that can span over several years. The Network Deployment Lead partners with each Customer to create a specific strategy that will allow them to reach their goals of cost saving and process efficiency by enabling a number of suppliers or ensuring a volume of transactions is happening electronically. The Network Deployment Lead educates the Customer on Ariba Network functionality and supplier enablement best practices, assists with the creation of a communication and education package for suppliers and is responsible for the successful execution of the on boarding program, in time and at cost. Internally, the Network Deployment Lead interacts with Customer Engagement Executives, Solution Management, Commercial Teams and the Global Digital Services teams. The role requires some minimal amount of travel to customer sites and other SAP Ariba offices (15%).
Duties & Responsibilities
The NDL drives the following activities related to buyer-supplier relationships on the Ariba Network, including but not limited to:
– Is responsible for managing multiple customers who represent enablement projects of various complexity
– Is accountable for executing against the project timeline while meeting customer goals and objectives
– Maintains strong customer focus (external and internal) at all times
– Interacts with both buyer and supplier customers providing education and training on the value of the Ariba Network
– Serves as a knowledge expert and communicates opportunities to bring business impacting value to customers on the Ariba Network
– Reports to customers (internal/external) regarding progress on project initiatives
– Coordinates internal resources and teams assigned to the project
– Actively identifies, contributes to and facilitates continuous improvement and best practice efforts, both internally and externally
– Appropriately identifies issues, potential risks and opportunities while working with a high degree of autonomy to address, escalate or handover within and across teams as appropriate
Basic Minimum Qualifications
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 8+ years previous experience in Project Management, Account Management, Procurement/Supply Chain Management, Technology or similar role
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel, Power Point)
– Fluency in English; Arabic is a plus
– Ability to travel ~15%
– Program and customer/supplier relationship management experience
– Understanding of Accounts Payable and Procurement processes and Buyer/Supplier interfaces
– Project Management Certification
– B2B, E-commerce and/or SaaS experience
– Knowledge of Ariba/SAP solutions/services, knowledge of Enterprise Business Applications
– Experience in preparing and delivering analyses and presentations
– Experience in working in a multinational environment
Competencies & Personal Attributes
– Planning and organizing, project management
– Ability to multi-task and set priorities
– Work well under the pressures of time and uncertainty
– Ability to work under remote supervision
– Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
– Customer focus
– Pro-active work ethic and strong initiative
– Detail oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills
– Experience in end-user training and change management a plus
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world’s largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP’s product portfolio and extends SAP’s leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.