Senior, Cloud Platform Solution Engineer
Oracle Middle East is looking to recruit a Senior Cloud Platform Solution Engineer (SE) to join an energetic team which delivers high value to customers in the Gulf region in their endeavors with Oracle’s Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS Cloud) & on-premise technology solution offering. The candidate should have the ability to translate customer business requirements into solutions that leverage Oracle’s Cloud Solution Offerings (PAAS) and Core platform technology (Oracle DB, Autonomous Database , Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Data Quality). The candidate should be able to mentor members of the partner’s technical community, and frequently delivers training and presentations to enrich Oracle technical community.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience in data management offerings. The candidate should have the ability to:
• Engage with all levels within both Oracle and the customers’ organizations
• Co-draft sales strategies together with the account managers
• Translate customer requirements into deliverable products and services
• Provide technical support in all necessary sales activities
• Define system architecture and develop cutting-edge solutions around cloud computing and data management
• Design and participate in technology pilot projects or proof of concept (POC) activities
• Define values propositions, positioning and differentiation to competitors’ products
• Support and develop existing customer and partner relationships and skills
• Complete the technical requirement for request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP)
• Help drive sales opportunities to successful completion
• Define and drive pre-sales initiatives in target accounts and territories
• Represent Oracle in marketing events as required
• Actively develop cloud platform expertise
Oracle sales consultants must be excellent communicators, able to develop and articulate complex technological issues in a straightforward way to both decision makers and technical personnel alike.
• This role requires skills from a blend of traditional infrastructure technologies with focus on Database, Cloud PaaS offerings.
• To be suitable and successful in this job you should be widely regarded as a subject matter expert in your current role, and have hands-on Database Administration and Oracle Autonomous DB. You should also have one or several of the skills below:
• Excellent Command of Cloud Technologies (Database-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service)
• Have an understanding of key business drivers and competitive landscape in data management market.
• Must have a working knowledge in MAA, RAC, Oracle DB security offerings, EM13c, Oracle Engineered Systems, etcâ
• Must have a deep understanding of business continuity planning and virtualization technologies.
• Must be Oracle DB Certified Professional and/or Oracle Database Cloud Administrator Certified Professional (Certifications on AWS or Azure technologies are a plus).
• Must have knowledge with Oracle data integration and data replication tools
• Must have good understanding of Cloud Infrastructure technologies such as:
• Public / Private Cloud
• Scripting and automation programming languages: Terraform, Python, Chef, Puppet
• New technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
• Database migration (Lift&Shift) from OnPrem environments to Cloud environments
• Hands on experience in different cloud platform technologies (AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry) is a plus.
• Eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad and growing portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!
• Self-driven and result oriented
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to build relationships with customers, earn trusted advisor status
• Demonstrate excellent diplomacy, negotiation and collaboration abilities.
• Customer focused
• Effective communication (verbal & written)
• Focus on relationships (internal & external)
• Strong willingness to learn new things and share them with others
• Team player
• Confident and decisive
• Be able to communicate at management level as well as at a technical expert level.
• Have a BSc. or equivalent or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
• Have at least 5 years of Oracle Database Administration (with at least 10 years of overall IT experience)
• Excellent command of Arabic and English languages.
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models – including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds – to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.