Job SummaryThe Senior Site Engineer oversees and ensures safely completion of project objectives through planning and scheduling, resource allocation and management, cost control, technical direction, compliance with quality standards and procedures. Participates as applicable in Construction Management areas: Human Resources Management, Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, Safety Management, Subcontract management, Material Procurement and Management of all Projects’ System Assembly..Job AccountabilitiesPrincipal Accountabilities
- Maintains and interprets site drawings, topographical drawings, construction drawings, rebar drawing and rebar schedules.
- Establishes the level and survey control for contracts and set out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring that checks are made on a regular basis.
- Ensures works are carried out as per the contract drawings and specification.
- Establishes interim targets to achieve given deadline.
Essential Function Construction Management: Overall plans, coordinates, and controls a project from beginning to completion. Construction management is aimed at meeting a client’s requirement in order to produce a functionally and financially viable project.
- Project Engineering: The engineering design and supervision (coordination) aspects of building a manufacturing facility. The engineering aspects of a specific project, such as development of a product or solution to a problem.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Cost Control: Collects, analyzes, summarizes, and evaluates various alternative courses of action to advise the management on the most appropriate course of action based on the cost efficiency and capability.
- Purchasing: Acquires goods or services to accomplish the goals of the company to maintain the quality and value of the company’s products, minimize cash tied-up in inventory, maintain the flow of inputs to maintain the flow of outputs.
- Accounting & Finance: Deals with the allocation of assets and liabilities over time under conditions of certainty and uncertainty.
- Risk Management: Identifies, analyzes, assesses, controls, avoids, minimizes, or eliminates unacceptable risks. Ensures to identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Human Resources: Excellent knowledge of HR processes and procedures, including planning personnel need, organizational chart, evaluation performance, resolving disputes, and communicating with all employees at all levels.
- Estimating and Quantity Surveying: Full understanding of cost planning and commercial management, value engineering, commercial management and contract administration, estimation …etc.
- Safety: Full awareness of all safety policies and procedures. Have control of recognized hazards to achieve an acceptable level of risk.
- Self-Perform Works : Ensures establish and issue all quantities for all scopes of work to be assigned to the Labor Resource Department for related self-perform works
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process
- Strong customer focus skills and attitude.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills Leadership
- Project Management
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Professional client management and interaction
Job ExperienceTotal 9 year(s)On Job 3 year(s)GCC 2 year(s)CompetenciesStrives for Innovation C2Demonstrates Accountability C2Displays Customer Centricity C2Communicates and Collaborates C2Knowledge Of Execution Sequnce And Required Duration For Concrete Works L1Knowledge Of Installation Sequnce And Required Duration For Building Mechanical Systems L1Knowledge Of Installation Sequnce And Required Duration For Building Elv Systems L1Knowledge Of Profitability Calculations L1Understanding Level Of Contractual Matters L1Understanding Of The Planned Execution Strategy L1Experience In Efficiently Managing Appointed Subcontractors L1EducationProfesional degree in MMUP Engineer Registration (UPDA)Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Construction & Building
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies