Share your passion for providing ‘Legendary Hospitality’. Join the Hospitality team in Yellowstone National Park!
As the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone, we operate 9 comfortable lodging facilities offering over 2,000 guest rooms spread out over 6 locations. Guest accommodations include both cabins and hotel-style rooms that range from rustic to modern. Each of these operations functions at high volume levels in order to accommodate the millions of visitors the park sees annually. Learn more about the Laundry Department.
The Uniform Inventory Manager oversees the uniform inventory, manages the Uniform Room and Laundry Services Department, and ensures accurate distribution of uniforms to employees park-wide. Included among these responsibilities, but not limited to, are the following:
- Oversees the uniform inventory. Accurately prepares uniform orders, receives shipments, audits invoices, and follows all company purchasing guidelines and procedures.
- Maintains accurate uniform inventory information. Completes full inventory in August and late October, establishes par levels, sewing systems, and accounts for loss or damage.
- Ensures guest service is a top priority.
- Uses resources efficiently to maintain appropriate inventory levels and sizing options while minimizing inventory expense.
- Coordinates with all department managers to ensure that uniforms for all positions are updated and accurately listed on uniform lists.
- Trains all uniform clerks, seamstresses, and Laundry services personnel in all aspects of the positions job tasks. Works alongside staff on a regular basis.
- Revises or creates Seamstress, Uniform Clerks, and Laundry Services manuals.
- Supervises the issuing, hemming, and repairing of employee uniforms. Also manages Laundry Services and dry cleaning.
- Ensures accurate and efficient distribution of uniforms to park-wide employees from the Uniform Room.
- Ensures timely ordering of shoe requests. Ensure accurate filling and shipping of location uniforms and shoe orders.
- Assists Lodging Support Staff in maintaining training manuals for location Housekeeping Office Assistants in uniform inventory and ordering procedures.
- Manages the Laundry service area. Monitors processed items, chemical formulas, SDSs, and equipment use; performs chemical change-outs following proper safety and laundry procedures.
- Supervises, trains and motivates uniform room and Laundry services employees on procedures, policies, equipment, safety and chemical use.
- Provides continuous verbal performance feedback, coaching as needed for employee performance improvement. Completes documentation of coaching and disciplinary action in accordance with company policy. Provides written feedback using HIGs according to company policy.
- Maintains inventories and orders in all needed supplies.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment.
- Coordinates with Laundry Maintenance Manager and Manager Laundry Operations on equipment usage and repair.
- Maintains up to date and accurate files and records on all aspects of the operation.
- Oversees supervision of the Laundry staff in the absence of Laundry management as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Assists on the production floor as needed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Business communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills.
- Sewing and clothing repair skills helpful.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software.
- Knowledge of laundry chemicals helpful.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards helpful.
- Knowledge of company and Laundry policies and procedures helpful.
- Knowledge of general work safety practices.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone Park properties helpful.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching outward and above the shoulder for up to 7 hours per shift.
- Requires occasional climbing as in using a step stool.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 55 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Employee disciplinary action, including Discussion Records and Written Actions.
- Provide job performance feedback to Uniform Room Clerks, Seamstresses, and Laundry Services Lead
- Write work schedules for Uniform Room and Laundry Services staff.
- Respond immediately to any unsafe situation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.